Access to Gifu city (location for Gifu University campus)
[A] If you are arriving at Chubu (Nagoya) Central Airport
We recommend you to take "Meitetsu" Railway company from the airport station to "Meitetsu-Gifu" station.
An express train (Miu-Sky) will be convenient with approximately 1 hour from the airport station to Gifu city.
Please purchase your tickets at the ticketing office of the airport train station.
Gifu by train
Train guide (Getting on and off the train)
① JR Limited Exress Hida(“Wide View Hida”)
Information by Nagoya station (including timetable from Nagoya)
② Express Bus: Takayama-Gifu Line
Information by “Nohi Bus”
(timetable, fee, location of bus stops and reservation)
③ Nagoya Railroed μ-sky(“Meitetsu” mu-sky)
Information by “Meitetsu” (Nagoya railroad Co.)
Timetable (See uppermost section)
④ Transfer at Gifu station
Building of JR Gifu Station is about 200m away from Meitetsu Gifu Station.
Bus stop of Express Bus is located next to Meitetsu Gifu Station.
[B] If your final destination is Haneda or Narita International Airport (in Tokyo)
You will need to take trains from the airport to Gifu, via Tokyo and Nagoya.
(Step1) Local train(s) from the airport to Tokyo station (about 1 hour)
(Step2) "Shin-kansen" Express train from Tokyo to Nagoya station (about 2 hours)
(Step3) Local train from Nagoya to Gifu station (30 minutes)
## For whom arriving at Narita International Airport:
Please take trains or Limousine bus to Tokyo station. It may take about 1 hour.
Route navigator (planner)
- You can purchase "Tokaido Shinkansen" tickets at the Narita airport train station ("JR train company") from Tokyo to Nagoya, or even at Tokyo station ticket center.
- Considering the possibility of the delay of your flight, you would better buy the Shinkansen ticket after you finished all the process at the airport.
- We have "Nozomi", "Hikari" and "Kodama" Shinkansen. You must take Nozomi, which is the fastest one. The Nozomi Shinkansen runs very often... about every 10 minutes... they are perfectly on-time.
- From Narita airport, we advice you to visit the train ticket center of "JR" company, and buy tickets
(1) Narita -> Tokyo station ("Narita Express" train, about 1 hour), and (2) Tokyo -> Nagoya ("Nozomi" Shinkansen, 1:40 hours).
You can tell the ticketing staff how long (about 30-40 minutes?) you want at Tokyo station for transfer...then they may suggest you an itinerary fits to your favor. The platform of Shinkansen is a bit far from the platform of Narita Express.
## For whom arriving at Haneda International Airport:
Please take local trains or Limousine bus to Tokyo station. Access Information
The travel counter at the arriving gate will help you how to travel to Tokyo and then to Nagoya and Gifu.
## From "Nagoya" station to "Gifu" station:
Please take local train "Tokaido Line", at track number 5 or 6 of Nagoya station. It will take 20-30 minutes.